Here’s Midge Slater, an organizer for the Iowa Alliance for Retired Americans, praying at Iowa’s state capitol. Her invocation is a typical moonbat kind of ‘prayer.’ If you can stomach her ‘prayer’ without throwing-up, you’ll probably recognize the following observations.
1. Midge is not really praying, she’s giving a political lecture. There’s nothing profound or heartfelt in anything she says.
2. Midge is not addressing God, she’s addressing all of elderly white liberals who had nothing better to do that day than to stand around and listen to her self-aggrandizing speech.
3. Notice the cadence of Midge’s ‘prayer’ and how she enunciates each word like she’s addressing a group of kindergarden children on the first day of school. Liberals talk to each other in this manner because even they recognize how infantile they all are.
4. In her prayer, the peace-loving humanitarian, Midge, thanks God for keeping abortion legal. Yes, God, thank you for allowing American women the ‘right’ to kill their babies not only during the first trimester, but also much later – in some cases, right before they’re even born! Thank you also, Lord, for the hands of those doctors who are able to skillfully rip, tear and slice those little babies into pieces. Amen.
5. Midge mentions at least three times about God dancing: “You danced at the first light out of darkness,” [Huh?] “You are truly the Lord of the dance” and “I am the Lord of the dance, said She.” The kind-hearted Midge, apparently, thinks that God likes to dance a lot and is a female.
6. Finally, Midge’s sanctimonious ‘prayer’ illustrates how phony liberals sound when they try to appear devout. There’s just something not genuine about it – and that’s because liberals are not deeply religious persons. They put on the religious act because it provides a cloak of respectability for their political causes. But they’re atheists at heart. That’s why they always support social and political goals that identify in some way with communism. Shh! You’re not supposed to know that.